cazenove+loyd is a high-end tour operator specialising in tailor-made travel to specific regions around the world including Africa+lndian Ocean, Asia, Australasia+The Middle East and Central+South America. Our experienced team specialise in creating unique experiences tailored to fit individual needs ensuring that every experience is always extraordinary.
The cazenove+loyd team are looking for an experienced and capable travel sales executive to join the Africa & Indian Ocean Division in the position of (senior) Destination Expert. If you have experience in selling holidays in this region, are passionate about travel and have a professional and driven work ethic, we would be interested in hearing from you.
POSITION: Destination Expert – Africa + The Indian Ocean
Reporting to: Head of Division – Africa + The Indian Ocean
Remuneration: Competitive Basic Salary + Quarterly Sales Commission and Annual Performance Bonuses. Annual Travel Grant & Pension.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to travel enquiries, as they are assigned to you promptly and in keeping with established processes and expectations.
- Interrogate and determine client’s needs and requirements, through dialogue and good use of question-asking.
- Prepare proposal itineraries and quotes tailored to suits the needs of the client based on conversations to date.
- Using company systems, manage the client through the sales journey from enquiry to conclusion.
- To courteously deal with all clients in a professional and empathic manner and a high degree of client care.
- Foster and manage strong productive relationships with partners and suppliers on the ground to ensure the best rates of commission, levels of service and willingness to extend flexibility around arrangements allowing us to offer the client something different/unique.
- Ensure all client quotes achieve the targeted average margin or better.
- Manage your performance to ensure sales revenue and profit margin targets are achieved.
- Support marketing with destination/product-related knowledge and fact-checking of content.
- Attend educational trips annually to locations where you are required to sell and provide accurate information and marketing content for future campaigns and social media output, in the form of a debrief upon your return.
- Any other duties in keeping with the general nature of the post, or as requested.
- Proven working experience as travel sales professional.
- Knowledge and experience of travel-focused software (computer reservations systems and GDS systems. Dhruv ideally)
- Proficiency in English (verbally and in writing); knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Ability to present persuade and communicate effectively.
- Strong sales skills and customer-orientated approach
- Experience in selling both FIT and departure-based travel
- Demonstrable ability to manage a crisis and perform well under pressure
- Be comfortable with numbers and have a keen eye for detail
- Possess particularly good time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise tasks as required.
- Work to tight deadlines set by clients or the business.
- Have a natural ability in dealing with people and be a proactive solution-orientated forward thinker.
- Be commercially astute and understand the objectives of the business fully.
- Ability to undertake international travel annually and at short notice.
- The successful candidate will ideally have at least 2 years of experience in travel sales working for a tour operator in a client-facing role.
- Have proficient knowledge and travel experience in Africa and the Indian Ocean.
- Proficient in the use of CRM and itinerary building software (preferably Dhruv)
- Creative writing experience and social media competency.
- Travel related qualification is an advantage but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV and a travel profile to Carl Hobson at [email protected]